Thursday, December 10, 2009

How do I open an html file in my browser without typing in the html extension?

Hi,



I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem. I'm not really sure if it is possible or not but I think it is since I've seen it done on some websites. Here's the deal...



let's say that I have a following website with a following file:



www.websitename.com/filename.html



Is there a way to modify and/or make it that the visitor that comes to my site does not have to type in filename.html? All I want them to do is type in the following and be able to open up my filename.html page:



www.websitename.com/filename



Can I do that? Thank you for your help.



How do I open an html file in my browser without typing in the html extension?home theater system



The simplest way is to rename it to index.html and put it in a directory called filename.



Another option is to use something like MultiViews. http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/content...



How do I open an html file in my browser without typing in the html extension?the grand theater opera theater



make a folder called filename and then inside the folder, copy the file filename.html and rename it index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin irritation